Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ten Things to a Character

Ten Things
  1. a pocket
  2. a locket
  3. purple socks
  4. muddy boots
  5. busted brolly
  6. hedgehog
  7. grass
  8. red bucket
  9. mash
  10. splash


They belong to Polly. Keeper of the HedgeHog:

I keep the baby hedgehog in a red bucket with a bit of grass and some mashed up clover. Her name is Molly. When it rains I have an only slightly broken brolly that I place over her bucket if I am outside. She likes it when I splash in puddles. I can hear her giggling. If my boots get too muddy, I have to leave the on the bristled rug by the washroom door. But then you get to see my purple socks, and Molly likes those too; even if there’s a tiny hole in the right big toe where I stubbed it on the corner of the kitchen door last week. When Molly is big enough, I’ll carry her in the pocket of my dungarees so she can see a bit of the world and not just the inside of the bucket. Maybe I can get my mum to take a picture of her and add it to my locket. Right now there’s only a paper picture of Peppa Pig in there and I think she could use a bit company.

3 comments: